Brussels • Permanent, Freelance • 2019-05-29
We are looking for a System Engineer for a client located in Brussels.
You’ll play a hands-on role in managing our Cloud Architecture. Skilled at multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment, you’ll deploy, monitor and maintain our Windows and Linux Servers in various data centers, as well as develop cloud services with high availability and cluster configurations.
You’ll be directly involved in Architecture and Networking in all development phases, including designing, installing and maintaining This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a challenging and successful company with a startup vibe.
Tasks description (non-exhaustive list)
- Participate and document Security policies in an ISO27001 environment
- Educates employees to security
- Perform tasks related to risk assessment, crisis management, personnel safety and facility security
- Work on setting up new infrastructures (design, implementation…)
- Provide operational management in the development of projects
- Operate & maintain network, telecom, security
- Track and resolve significant problems
- Monitor performances
- Perform upgrades to HW & SW
- Install and configure servers (including cabling)
- Manage complete environment
- Participate in long- and short-term strategic planning
- Provide operational documentation and to document solutions
- Design, develop and maintain Cloud Infrastructure
- Handle monitoring and supervision of Network, Servers and Applications
- Oversee database and VMs security, storage, backup and recovery
- Technology oriented person with capability to efficiently cope with multi-task and innovative environment
- A good understanding of the technology stacks common to the Web ecosystem and microservice architecture
- An experience in Management of Security, ISO 27001 certification, … is a plus
- Professional experience in a client-facing technical role is preferred
- Bilingual (FR/NL) with good knowledge of English
- Excellent communication skills and problem-solving abilities
- Strong domain knowledge in the latest tools and techniques for delivering world-class customer support
- Experience supporting an enterprise B2B product set
- Ability to partner, collaborate and communicate with executive leadership and peers in other departments (technical and non-technical)
- Good Knowledge of Network protocols including SIP
- Proven familiarity of at least two of these scripting languages: Bash, Python, PowerShell, NodeJS, Perl.
- 3+ years of experience in Linux & Windows System Administration in a virtualized environment (VMware ESX)
- 3+ years of experience in MySQL/MSSQL infrastructure DBA role. Knowledge of Redis, RabbitMQ is a plus
- 3+ years of experience in network administration in a Cisco environment. Juniper firewall knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher is a plus.
+32 (0)2 230 31 01